Right to Be Informed
You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data, how long it will be kept for and who it will be shared with.
This is done by using a privacy notice which can be provided to you in a number of different ways, for example,
- North Yorkshire Police’s Privacy Notice which can be located here
- Sign posts on paper and electronic forms
We can however limit the information we supply to you under this “Right” if we believe that by doing so would be necessary and appropriate to:
- Avoid obstructing an official or legal inquiry, investigation or procedure;
- Avoid prejudicing the prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties;
- Protect public security;
- Protect national security; or
- Protect the rights and freedoms of others.
If we do place a restriction then we will advise you unless we believe by doing so would undermine the purpose for the restriction.