Right to Object
Individuals have the right to object to:
- The processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- The processing of their personal data for direct marketing (including profiling); and
- The processing of their personal data for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
We will stop processing your personal data unless:
- We can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the individual; or
- The processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
We will inform you of your right to object at the point of first communication and in our privacy notice.
If we are conducting research where the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a public interest task, we are not required to comply with an objection to the processing.
If you would like to object to processing your personal data please click here.