Grievances are concerns or problems that staff and officers raise with an employer.
Anyone working in any organisation may at some time have problems or concerns about their work, working conditions or relationships with colleagues.
Issues that may cause grievances include, for example:
• Terms and conditions of employment
• Health and safety
• Work relations
• Bullying, harassment or victimisation
• New working practices
• Working environment
• Organisational change
North Yorkshire Police aim to:
• Enable officers and staff to raise matters which concern them
• Be receptive to legitimate grievances
• Address grievances by effective management engagement and, wherever possible, without recourse to formal procedures
• Resolve grievances promptly and fairly
• Learn lessons from grievances to identify and implement improvements.