This procedure supports North Yorkshire Police’s People Strategy and defines the Force’s Learning and Development aims and objectives and applies to all members of North Yorkshire Police and Police and Crime Commissioner’s office.
North Yorkshire Police and the Police and Crime Commissioner are committed to providing employees with effective learning and development products, events and opportunities to ensure they have the knowledge and skills to perform their duties. The Costed Training Plan is the mechanism used to monitor and manage training.
The aims and objectives support the mission of North Yorkshire Police to be the most responsive force in England and to consistently provide our communities with an environment that is the safest place to live and work.
• To ensure staff are trained to maintain public safety
• To ensure staff are able to support victims
• To give our staff the required knowledge and skills to undertake their roles in the most effective and efficient manner
• To review and deliver Force Training Priorities on an annual basis
• To ensure staff are correctly trained to ensure that our Duty of Care to them is fulfilled
• To provide focussed and timely learning opportunities and deliver quality learning experiences
• To provide a range of platforms to assist learning and development
• To make best use of technology to develop innovative learning experiences