Report bad driving
We police 6,000 miles of roads in North Yorkshire. You can help us by telling us about bad driving or sharing dashcam footage.
We can use this information to educate or prosecute drivers as part of a scheme called Operation Spartan. If you think you’ve witnessed a traffic offence, or captured dashcam footage, we’d like to hear from you.
Offences we investigate include:
- Overtaking on solid white lines
- Using a mobile phone whilst driving
- Failing to comply with traffic signals
- Contravening traffic directions
- Endangering other road user through poor driving
Please try to report suspected offences within 14 days of them taking place. Due to the high number of submissions we receive, we are not able to respond to every report.
From time to time, we may use submitted footage to support road safety initiatives.