Police staff support frontline policing in a variety of operational and non-operational, uniformed and non-uniformed roles.
It’s not just Police Officers we recruit for, we also have a wide range of Police Staff roles, including temporary, permanent, part-time and full-time positions. Many roles offering flexible and agile (remote) working.
Police staff are based in various locations across North Yorkshire including our modern HQ in Northallerton, York and Harrogate. Our Police Staff work across multiple departments and specialisms such as Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Training, Admin, Customer Service, Business Analysis and ICT.
Working for North Yorkshire Police
North Yorkshire Police is a family, we work together to support our local communities. We are one of the safest counties in England and we work hard to keep it that way.
You don’t have to patrol the streets to work for the police! Our support staff are one of the many reasons the organisation operates so well.
As a forward thinking and diverse organisation we are keen to engage with people from all sectors, backgrounds and communities. We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges; we need a workforce made up from all of North Yorkshire’s communities. We also encourage applications from both the private and public sector.
- 24 days holiday entitlement, increasing to 30 days with length of service
- Excellent local government Pension scheme
- Membership of UpBeat our employee rewards package that gives you money-off deals
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Hours of work for majority of staff roles are Monday to Friday 8.30am till 5pm (Friday 4.30pm). We also promote agile and flexible working (In line with the conditions for each role/team).
- Training, support and career progression
- Staff support networks
- Unison – recognised trade union
- Our modern HQ near to Northallerton High Street, is a vibrant county town centre. HQ is a bright, open-plan environment which includes “Creative Café” – an in-house café staffed by a charity.
How do I register my interest?
We regularly advertise for both fixed term contracts and permanent vacancies on our website (View Current Vacancies). You can also sign up here for job alerts. Our partner for temporary staff is Reed Recruitment.
If we do not have a vacancy at the moment aligned to your experience and skill-set we are still keen to engage with talented individuals who would like to show their interest for future opportunities. You may register your interest with as many departments as you feel relevant and you can apply for multiple staff roles at any one time.
Please register your interest below and we will keep you informed with future opportunities;
Finance, Accounting and Procurement – please register here
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) – please register here
Marketing and Communications – please register here
Human Resources and Recruitment – please register here
Administration and Secretarial Support – please register here
Customer Service – please register here
Training, Learning and Development – please register here
Assets, Stores and Logistics – please register here
Legal Services – please register here
Occupational Health and Welfare – please register here
You can also follow us on Social Media where we share regular updates on new opportunities.
Criteria for Applications
- Aged 16 or over
- A British Citizen, an EC / EEA national or a Commonwealth citizen, or a foreign national with no restrictions on your stay in the UK
- Have had a minimum of 3 years continuous residency in the UK (some roles will require five years continuous residency), with less than 12 months spend abroad in the last three years (with some exceptions for those living on a UK military base)
- Applicants must have no criminal convictions (minor offences will be considered on an individual basis)
- Applicants must have not been declared bankrupt or have outstanding County Court Judgments