Transferring to North Yorkshire Police
Getting the balance of knowledge and experience right in our workforce is really important, so for some roles we actively recruit transferees from other Forces.
Opportunities for experienced officers
We are currently recruiting experienced officers at Constable rank! If you have well-developed skills, a great career record and a thirst for responsibility, then North Yorkshire Police is a great place to take the next step in your career. We offer roles that will challenge you, a structure that will support you, and a culture that is ambitious to be the best.
- Transferee Detective Constables – click here to apply
- Transferee Police Constables – click here to apply
If you are interested in transferring to North Yorkshire Police, please submit an application by 18 February 2019.
We welcome applications from all individuals and particularly from women, black and minority ethnic candidates and candidates from the LGBT community as members of these groups are currently under-represented in this role. All appointments will be based on merit.
For assistance, please email our Positive Action Coordinators at email@example.com
To be eligible to transfer to North Yorkshire Police, you will:
- Be currently serving at the rank of constable in a recognised Home Office police force
- Have successfully completed the full IPDLP training programme
- Have successfully completed your probationary period
- Have an acceptable performance, attendance and disciplinary record
- Annual leave entitlement of 22 days rising to 30 days with service
- Family friendly and flexible working policies and procedures, to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Employee benefits and discounts through Upbeat, which gives you access to special offers and discounts on a whole range of things – from holidays, to groceries.
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
1 – Application Form
Application forms can be completed from our vacancies website and will be shortlisted based on your competence, motivation and eligibility to apply.
2 – Assessment
Successful candidates will be invited to take a formal assessment, which will include a competency based interview based on the activities, behaviours and essential criteria from the role profile. The Practical Operational Assessment will vary but usually compromises of a test exercise.
4 – Fitness tests
All applicants must complete bleep test to a minimum of level 5.4.
Authorised Firearms Officers are required to complete bleep test to level 9.4
6 – Holding list, unconditional offer and starting with North Yorkshire Police
Successful candidates will be placed onto a transferee holding list for up to twelve months and may be considered for upcoming vacancies across our force area. Once a suitable vacancy arises, applicants will be given an unconditional offer of employment and a start date for your training.
Postings will be made in line with our organisational needs at the time of your application, we will of course take into account your skills, experience and home address.
For further information regarding transferring to North Yorkshire Police, please contact Rachel Charge from our Talent and Resourcing Team:
Call 01609 643512