North Yorkshire Police have issued a warning to trades people not to leave leave tools in their works vehicles after spate of van break-ins on the East Coast.
Officers are investigating six incidents overnight between 19 and 20 February 2018. These include:
- A Peugeot van attacked for tools in Rillington (ref: 12180029645)
- A Ford Transit attacked for tools in Northstead (ref: 12180029661)
- An Iveco van attacked for tools in Northstead (ref: 12180029678)
- A van attacked for tools in Muston (ref: 12180029700)
- A Peugeot van attacked for tools in Filey (ref: 12180029895)
- A Peugeot van attacked for tools in Northstead (ref: 12180030070)
Officers are warning van owners following the recent thefts and are appealing to anyone with information to get in touch.
If you can help the investigation please contact North Yorkshire Police on 101 – select option 2 – and ask for Graeme Kynman or Scarborough police.
Alternatively, information can be emailed to Graeme.Kynman@northyorkshire.pnn.police.uk
If you prefer not to give your name, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.Last modified: February 21, 2018