Coronavirus advice and information
Maintaining the safety of everyone in North Yorkshire is our top priority and we continue to work with our partners in local authorities, including North Yorkshire County Council, the City of York Council, other emergency services, national police colleagues, the Government and Public Health.
For the latest advice and information
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do
- Full guidance on staying at home and away from others
- Guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection
- Guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK
- Guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable
- Guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- Check the NHS website if you have symptoms
Other useful information
- We will be posting updates on our Facebook and Twitter accounts. Please help by sharing them in your local Facebook groups and with family, friends and work colleagues #CommunityTogether
- Advice and information from North Yorkshire County Council
- Advice and information from the City of York Council
- For updates in your area, please visit your local council’s website: Craven | Hambleton | Harrogate | Richmondshire | Ryedale | Scarborough | Selby | York
- Supporting Victims: Help and support for if you or someone you know, has been a victim of crime.
- Age UK: Help, information and advice for older people.
- Samaritans: Support for anyone who weeds help. Whatever you’re going through, confidential support 24/7 .
- IDAS: The largest specialist charity in Yorkshire supporting anyone experiencing or affected by domestic abuse or sexual violence.
- Mind: The mental health charity making sure no one has to face a mental health problem alone.
- NSPCC: The UK’s leading children’s charity, preventing abuse and helping those affected to recover
- ChildLine: Childline is a counselling service for children and young people up to their 19th birthday provided by the NSPCC.
- ActionFraud: The UK’s national reporting centre for fraud and cybercrime
- Shelter: Advice and support giving people one-to-one, personalised help with all of their housing issues.
- Crimestoppers: The independent charity that gives people the power to speak up to stop crime 100% anonymously.
- National Stalking Helpline: Confidential, free support line. 24/7 if you’ve experienced stalking or harassment.
Frequently asked questions
We understand that you may have questions during this unprecedented time. If you can’t find the answer to your question from any of the links above, please help us to help those who need us in an emergency, and check our Frequently Asked Questions page before calling 101.