Pokémon Go safety tips
We want you to enjoy this hugely popular game - but you do need to recognise the importance of staying safe.
Please be aware of the surroundings in which you are playing the game, and if you are playing it at night only do so in well-lit areas. Please also remember that private property must be respected – don’t go looking for Pokémon in someone else’s home or garden or anywhere that could put you in danger. Other gamers are still strangers so make sure you only engage with other players who you know.
Do not under any circumstance play Pokémon Go if you are driving – if we catch you, the consequences will be much more serious than missing out on a few Poké Balls.
- Never, ever play while driving.
- Stay aware of your real-life surroundings – watch out for hazards like roads or water.
- Do not engage with strangers who also play the game – some people may want to cause you harm. If you are concerned you are being followed, call for help.
- Don’t catch Pokémon on private property, unless you have been invited.
- Avoid playing at night, unless you’re in a well-lit area.
Above all – play the game, have fun and stay safe! And as the app says: Remember to be alert at all times. Stay aware of your surroundings.