What if I find terrorist or violent extremist content online?
Terrorists use the internet to provoke individuals to carry out attacks in the UK.
One post or video has the power to influence vulnerable people and inspire extremists and terrorists. This is why it is important to tackle online terrorism as well. You can help stop terrorists’ and extremists’ online presence by reporting content such as:
- Speeches or essays calling for racial or religious violence
- Videos of violence with messages in praise of terrorists
- Postings inciting people to commit acts of terrorism or violent extremism
- Messages intended to stir up hatred against any religious or ethnic group
- Bomb-making instructions
- Advice on how to obtain or make weapons
If you see online graphic or violent extremist material or content that supports, directs or glorifies terrorism please report it using our anonymous online form. A specialist police team will examine the content and if it is illegal will work with internet companies to remove it.
For more information view the film and see the FAQs below.
Remember in an emergency, if you need urgent police assistance you should always dial 999.