What should I report?
You should report suspicious activity or behaviour – anything that seems out of place, unusual or just doesn’t seem to fit in with everyday life.
These are just some examples of suspicious activity and behaviour which could potentially be terrorist related:
- Anyone hiring or acquiring large vehicles or similar for no obvious reason
- Anyone buying or storing a large amount of chemicals, fertilisers or gas cylinders for no obvious reasons
- Anyone taking notes or photos of security arrangements, or inspecting CCTV in an unusual way
- Anyone visiting the dark web, ordering unusual items online or carrying out unusual bank transactions
- Anyone who has illegal firearms or other weapons or has shown an interest in obtaining them
- Anyone holding passports or other documents in different names, for no obvious reasons
- Anyone who goes away traveling for long periods of time but is vague about where they’re going
Remember in an emergency, if you need urgent police assistance you should always dial 999.