Home > What we do > Licences and permits > Firearms and Explosive Licensing Department (FELD) > Replace or cancel a certificate

Replace or cancel a certificate

Replacing a lost certificate

If you have lost, damaged or destroyed a Shotgun or Firearm Certificate, you must inform the Firearms and Explosives Licensing Department, in writing, as soon as possible. A fee of £4.00 per certificate is payable for a replacement (payable to ‘PCC for North Yorkshire’) .                                                          

Cancelling a certificate

Please return your certificate(s) to this department along with written confirmation of your wish to cancel and details of where any weapons have gone, following the weapon transfer procedure section opposite.

Notification of cancellation[pdf]