Home > What we do > Licences and permits > Firearms and Explosive Licensing Department (FELD) > Variation to a Firearm Certificate
Variation to a Firearm Certificate
In order to acquire an additional section 1 firearm or to replace an existing weapon, you must first apply for a variation.
- You can only acquire a section 1 firearm or sound moderator if your Firearm Certificate shows the relevant authority to purchase or acquire that particular type of weapon.
- If you wish to add an extra or replace a current weapon, you need to apply for a variation, by completing the form 201v below.
- Send your current Firearm Certificate with the application form (201V below).
- There is no fee if you are replacing one weapon for another, providing your application is received along with proof of the weapon transfer and your firearm certificate, within 7 days of the weapon disposal.
- If you wish to add the authority to acquire a weapon or sound moderator a fee of £20.00 is payable (to PCC for North Yorkshire).
- Once the relevant authority has been granted, please then follow the weapon transfer procedure advised below.
|Certificate Type||Fee NO CASH (payable to ‘PCC for North Yorkshire’)|